The complete list of ABFF Honors Awards is as follows:
- HBO® Short Film Competition - FIG, written by Alex George Pickering and directed by Ryan Coogler. Award presented by Lucinda Martinez, VP/Domestic Network Distribution & Multicultural Marketing for HBO, and former HBO executive Olivia Smashum. Grand Prize of $20,000.
- Best Documentary, presented by CNN - BROWN BABIES, directed by Regina Griffin. Award presented by Janet Rolle, EVP and Chief Marketing Officer of CNN Worldwide, and actor Dennis White. Grand Prize of $5,000.
- Grey Goose "Rising Icon" Award - Actress Naturi Naughton. Award presented by Chauncey Hamlett, Grey Goose Brand Manager, and actress Mari Marrow.
- The Star Project Winners, presented by NBCUniversal - Sheaun McKinney of Los Angeles and Tiffany D. Hobbs of Dallas. Award presented by Kendra Carter, Director of Talent Diversity Initiatives, NBCUniversal Casting; Debra Langford, VP of Inclusion and Business Diversity, NBCUniversal; and actor Mekhi Phifer. Grand Prize winner to receive walk-on role on NBC's daytime drama "Days of Our Lives."
- The gmc Television Network Screenplay Competition -- David Martyn Conley for RAISING IZZIE. Award presented by singer Eric Benet and actress DeEtta West. Grand Prize of $5,000.
Grand Jury Winners:
- Best Screenplay presented by Team Sizzle Worldwide - BLACK GOLD, directed by Jeta Amata. Award presented by Team Sizzle Worldwide CEO Terrell Suggs of the Baltimore Ravens and actress Elise Neal. Grand Prize of $5,000.
- Best Actor, presented by Gold Peak Tea (tie) - Lonyo Engele for his role as David Brown in DAVID IS DYING and Persia White for her role as Trenyce in DYSFUNCTIONAL FRIENDS. Award presented by Mark Pitts, VP and General Manager of Coffee and Tea for Coca-Cola, and actress Terri J. Vaughn. Grand Prize of $5,000.
- Best Director, presented by Cadillac - Stephen Lloyd Jackson for DAVID IS DYING. Award presented by Dave Fitzwater, Regional Sales & Marketing Manager SE Region at General Motors, and actor Laz Alonso. Grand Prize of $5,000.
- Best Film, presented by Wells Fargo THE TESTED, directed by Russell Constanzo. Award presented by Alisa Joseph, VP of Marketing & Communications, and actress Jaszmine Lewis. Grand Prize of $5,000.
- Grand Jury winners received special presentation by American Airlines. Faye Wright, Regional Managing Director/Flight Service SE Region and Latin America, presented each winner with two round-trip airline tickets.